For individuals at risk of suicide, primary and behavioral health care settings provide unique opportunities to connect with the health care system and access effective treatment. Suicide Safe is a free mobile app that helps providers integrate suicide prevention strategies into their practice and address suicide risk among their patients. The Suicide Safe app is based on SAMHSA's Suicide Assessment Five-Step Evaluation and Triage (SAFE-T) card.
With Suicide Safe, primary and behavioral health care providers can:
- Learn how to use the SAFE-T approach when working with patients.
- Explore interactive sample case studies and see SAFE-T in action through case scenarios and tips.
- Quickly access and share information, including crisis lines, fact sheets, educational opportunities, and treatment resources.
- Browse conversation starters that provide sample language and tips for talking with patients who may need suicide intervention.
- Locate treatment options, filter by type and distance, and share locations and resources to provide timely referrals for patients.
For more information, email SAMHSA at email@example.com.
You May Also Be Interested In
This guide helps substance use counselors treat clients with symptoms of depression and substance use conditions. Program administrators will learn how to integrate depression treatment into early drug treatment. The guidelines cover screening, assessment, treatment, counseling, cultural competence, and continuing care.