Products on the store.samhsa.gov site are provided by SAMHSA at no cost to the public. Regular shipping of stocked items is free within the U.S. and U.S. territories. The maximum order quantity for each item appears on the product page. Products that are out of stock or designated as “Download only” are only available digitally.
How do I place an order?
To place an order online, simply follow these steps:
- On the Home page, enter key word(s), a product name or ID number into the Search SAMHSA Publications box to find the products that match your interests.
- Select a product from the search results – this will take you to the page for that product.
- Click the Add to cart button on the product page to add the product into your Shopping cart. The number of items in your Shopping cart is displayed next to the cart icon at the top right of the page. Clicking the cart will take you to your Shopping cart.
- Click the Checkout button when you've finished selecting items.
- You will be prompted to enter your contact information, shipping and mailing address.
Note: You can create an account if you wish or check out as a Guest. Why create a SAMHSA Publications Account?
The item I want to order is out of stock. Will it be available again?
Obtaining the approvals and funding required to print additional copies of products can be a lengthy process. Re-printings of products are therefore not assured and a schedule for replenishment cannot be provided.
Why do stocked items have quantity limits?
The availability of printed materials is limited and obtaining funds for printing additional copies can be a lengthy process. Therefore, limits are established to maintain availability of printed materials for as many members of the public as possible.
Can I use a P.O. Box address for the shipping address?
You may specify a P.O. Box address for the shipping address. However, we encourage you to specify a street address, since deliveries of large orders to a P.O. Box address may take longer. Additionally, package tracking information is only available if the package is shipped to a street address.
How much is standard shipping?
When you order from SAMHSA's Publications Store, standard shipping is provided free of charge to all U.S. states and territories. Please note:
- Standard shipping also covers delivery to rural routes, APO, and FPO addresses.
- Standard delivery does not include delivery on Sunday or holidays.
How long will my order take to arrive?
Attention: We are moving to a new warehouse and apologize for any shipment delays. This move will allow us to provide better service in the future. Thanks for your patience.
Assistance With Orders
Who can I contact for assistance with ordering publications?
For assistance in placing an order, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-SAMHSA-7 (877-726-4727) to speak with an information specialist.
SAMHSA Publications Account
Why create a SAMHSA Publications Account?
When you log into your account, you will have access to all these features:
- Enter your personal information only once, instead of each time you place an order.
- Access your account information anywhere, anytime.
- Store favorite addresses in a personal address book.
- Track an order from your personal order history.
- Create an order and complete it later.
You do not need an account to place an order, but it makes shopping at SAMHSA's Publications Store even easier and faster.
How do I create an account?
How do I reset my password?
To reset the password for your account, please follow the steps below:
- When logged in, go to Email/Password tab on the My Account page.
- Enter your current password in the Current password field.
- Add your new password to the Password and Confirm password fields.
- If you have met the password requirements, then click on the Save button.
Why am I not able to log in to my account?
Your password expires every 60 days. The system will require you to change your password after 60 days since your last password reset/change.
How do I receive a new password if my password has expired or I have forgotten my password?
- To change password of your account, go to the Log in page.
- Click on the Forgot password? link.
- Enter the email address associated with your account to receive a link to reset the password.
- After clicking on the link in the email, you will be taken to the Reset password page.
- Click on the Log in button to reset your password and then click on Save to save the changes.
What does “Processing” mean under the Orders tab?
Processing indicates that your order is being processed by the warehouse.
How many addresses can I save under Addresses tab?
You may save as many addresses as needed. When placing an order, you can either use your default address as shipping/mailing or add a new address.
Can I change my default address?
When more than one address is added under Addresses, the Set as default button is displayed below each additional address. Click on the button below any of the addresses to make it the default address.
Can I add, delete or edit my address?
Yes, use the links to Add Address, Edit, and Delete to update the list of addresses.
Am I required to create an account?
An account is not needed to place an order. Once you’ve added products to the shopping cart, after clicking on Checkout from the shopping cart, simply click Continue as guest and continue to provide order information. Your order will be placed, but no account is created.
What is the purpose of the two Search bars?
To search for a product within the SAMHSA Publications Store, use Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products, if you are looking for information that may be available in other SAMHSA sites, use Search SAMHSA.
Privacy & Security
This site is maintained by the U.S. Government. It is protected by various provisions of Title 18, U.S. Code. Violations of Title 18 are subject to criminal prosecution in Federal court.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic in order to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations, and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
Why am I asked for my phone number?
Is my information confidential?
Receive SAMHSA Updates
Report Accessibility Issues
Public Domain and Copyright
As a Federal agency, SAMHSA publications and products are in the public domain and may be downloaded, reproduced, or copied without permission from SAMHSA. However, please follow these parameters:
A citation to SAMHSA and U.S. Government materials is appreciated. A sample bibliographical citation might read, “Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Title of Document. HHS Publication No. SMA XX–xxxx [or PEPXX-xxxx] MD: [Insert SAMHSA Center or Office], Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 20XX.”
If appropriate, you should include the following acknowledgement and disclaimer language: “Inclusion of SAMHSA content does not constitute or imply endorsement or recommendation by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, or the U.S. Government.”
Although most SAMHSA publications and digital products are in the public domain, reprinting or distributing a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services document for a fee is prohibited under 42 U.S.C. sec. 1320b-10(a)(2)(B), which states, “No person may, for a fee, reproduce, reprint, or distribute any item consisting of a form, application, or other publication of the Department of Health and Human Services unless such person has obtained specific, written authorization for such activity in accordance with regulations which the Secretary shall prescribe.”
Also, some publications contain excerpts of privately copyrighted content. When copyrighted material from other sources is reprinted in a government publication, it is cited appropriately. In such cases, you would have to ask the copyright holder for permission to reprint the copyrighted material.