In a disaster, it's essential that behavioral health responders have the resources they need—when and where they need them. The free SAMHSA Disaster App offers first responders immediate access for any type of traumatic event at every phase of response, including pre-deployment preparation, on-the-ground assistance and post-deployment resources.
With the SAMHSA Disaster App, first responders can:
- Access resources including tip sheets; guides for responders, teachers, parents, and caregivers; and a directory of behavioral health service providers in the impacted area.
- Download information on your phone before deployment in case of limited Internet connectivity in the field.
- Review key preparedness materials to help you provide the best support possible.
- Send information to colleagues and survivors via text message, email, or transfer to a computer for printing.
- Find interventions to help survivors of infectious disease epidemics.
Find SAMHSA’s disaster response information as a publication. Download the SAMHSA Disaster Kit.
For more information, email SAMHSA at firstname.lastname@example.org